The Institute for Reconfigurable & Embedded Digital Systems (ReDS) groups expertise in high performance embedded systems into three strategic axes, described below.
In these areas, the Institute’s notable achievements include industrial mandates, contracts with the Swiss Commission for Technology and Innovation (CTI), and national and European projects.
Examples from recent years include:
• A development platform based on an embedded processor (ARM - Cortex A8) and a programmable logic circuit (FPGAs-Spartan 6);
• An FPGA board with 26 layers including 32 high-speed serial links up to 10 Gigabits/s including several connected to optical transceivers;
• A multi-OS virtualization platform;
• A file system adapted to satellites;
• An authentication system based on biometric recognition of veins in the hand.