Sino-Swiss Summer University 2016
4 weeks, 5 ECTS
With the financial support from Direction générale de l'enseignement supérieur, Sino-Swiss Summer University is launched to develop leaders possessing competencies to work in Swiss and Chinese companies. Objective is to provide students with both insights into internationalization processes of Western and Eastern multinational corporations (MNCs) and into challenges faced in multicultural teams. This will be achieved through:
- Connecting globally:
- Chinese future leaders are put in touch with Swiss “hidden national champions”;
- Swiss future leaders are put in touch with Chinese national champions.
- Connecting academia: courses co-taught by Swiss and Chinese lecturers. Exchange of teaching and research.
- Connecting Chinese and Swiss students: group project and extracurricular activities.
Program and procedures
- 3-14 July: Canton Vaud
- 15-29 July: Shanghai
will be delivered through team-teaching: Swiss and Chinese instructors.
It will be composed of interactive, case based courses, seminars,
workshops. Insights into cultural differences will be provided through
shared experiences such as class discussions, group projects, or joint
field trips. Students will work in mixed teams on a group project and
various program related assignments. Corporate visits will also be
organized to facilitate development of students’ global mindset and
embracing of an ambicultural mode of management based on the
“best-ofboth” in host and local cultures (Chen and Miller, 2010, 2011).
See also :
Overall the program will be composed of four modules:
- Module 1: Managing across cultures: doing business in Switzerland
- Module 2: Emerging global powers and internationalization
- Module 3: Managing across cultures: doing business in China
- Module 4: Multinational corporations innovating in China
Application deadline: 19 January midnight
- Complete the application questionnaire at the following link:
- Send your CV/resume and a cover letter in English in which you present in detail your motivation and contribution to the Summer University, as well as the benefits expected from this experience in terms of career and personal development. CV/resume and cover letter must be sent in Word or PDF format to the following address: email@example.com