SWI Swiss Welding Institute
The objectives of the SWI foundation are the promotion and development of the quality and safety of welded assemblies. To achieve these objectives, SWI provides training and certification, and conducts applied research & development projects for regional and national businesses. This includes:
- International theoretical and practical training in welding and electronic soldering,
- Welding and electronic soldering certification,
- Services to companies (eg consulting and training),
- R&D projects co-financed with public, industrial or public funds.
The Swiss Welding Institute is an independent organization. It is a nonprofit public interest foundation as defined by Articles 80 and following of the Swiss Civil Code. It is operated by welding professionals. Under the foundation’s bylaws, its Board includes representatives of the market, government and non-government bodies, and the academic community.
SWI issues welding certificates to physical people who demonstrate compliance with workmanship requirements and standards in force. SWI is accredited according ISO 17024 by the Swiss Accreditation Service under number SCESe 116 and is a Recognised Third-Party Organisation (RTPO) according to Art. 20 of the European Directive 2014/68/EU on Pressure Equipment PED as stated in the Notified Bodies list NANDO .
SWI is a member of:
- IIW - International Institute of Welding
- EWF - European Federation for Welding, Cutting and Joining
- IPC Association Connecting Electronics Industries