Swiss Welding Institute
The objectives of the SWI foundation are the promotion and development of the quality and safety of welded assemblies. To achieve these objectives, SWI provides training and certification, and conducts applied research & development projects for regional and national businesses. This includes:
- International theoretical and practical training in welding and electronic soldering,
- Welding and electronic soldering certification,
- Services to companies (eg consulting and training),
- R&D projects co-financed with public, industrial or public funds.
SWI’s certification agency, called SWI Certif, issues welding certificates to physical people who demonstrate compliance with workmanship requirements and standards in force.
SWI Certif is accredited by the Swiss Accreditation Service under number SCESe 116.
SWI is a member of:
- IIS-IIW - International Institute of Welding
- EWF - european Federation for Welding, Cutting and Joining
- IPC Association Connecting Electronics Industries
- SWISS LABEL