HES-SO M.S. in Engineering
The five engineering sites of the HES-SO, including the HEIG-VD, jointly offer an MS. In Engineering (HES-SO//MSE) and work closely with six other Swiss public specialized universities.
The HES-SO M.S. in Engineering program is intended for the top graduates from the HSE BS program in Engineering. Established in 2009, the program offers two majors:
- Industrial Technologies
- Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
Judging by the number of applicants, this program has been highly successful. It is open to both full time and part-time students. The HES-SO M.S. in Engineering develops technical, scientific, methodological and entrepreneurial skills. Graduates are ready to take on leadership positions in their companies, such as project managers.
The curriculum has 3 parts, worth 30 credits each.
- Theoretical development
- Practical development
- Master's thesis on an actual corporate R&D project
The program typically lasts 3 semesters full time, and 5 semesters part-time.
What distinguishes the HES-SO M.S. In Engineering:
- it meets the needs of the job market, especially small and medium-size businesses;
- it emphasizes practical professional skills;
- students benefit from a low student-teacher ratio;
- students help plan the modules.