Standardization / National
At national level, MEI researchers contribute to the specialised information management group of eCH, the organisation responsible for establishing Swiss eGovernment standards.
Standardization / International
At international level, within the Open Geospatial Consortium, these activities mainly concern the interoperability of cartographic representations. These activities enable us to develop expertise that has already helped to address national issues.
For the past 10 years, this work has been carried out in collaboration with our LabSTICC partner, DECIDE team, CNRS - UMR 6285 (Dr. Erwan Bocher, Gwendall Petit) which is responsible for developing the OrbisGISresearch platform.
Towards a modular and extensible symbology model for use in the OGC core set of standards for cartographic representation of geospatial data and online mapping services.
- Candidate standard : OGC Symbology Conceptual Model: Core part (18-067r2)
- OGC Testbed-14 (D160) : OGC Testbed-14: Symbology Engineering Report (18-029)
- Article : A redesign of OGC Symbology Encoding standard for sharing cartography. PeerJ Computer Science 4:e143 https://doi.org/10.7717/peerj-cs.143
Towards an OGC standardisation of a future vector tile model.
- OGC Vector Tiles Pilot : Tiled Feature Data Conceptual Model Engineering Report (18-076)
- OGC Testbed-13 : Vector Tiles Engineering Report (17-041) / Mandate from the Federal Office of Topography, Swisstopo, concerning the use of vector tiling for the Confederation's geoportal.